Make Your Own Panera Signature Salad Dressing at Home with Dried Herbs & Spices
(Fuji Apple Chicken Salad Recipe Included)
This is the Panera Bread Company’s copycat recipe they use on their Fuji Apple Chicken Salad. This is a very simple, but delicious salad dressing that allows the flavors of your salad to come to life with fresh taste.
Herbs may be purchased or home-dried. Blends may be purchased or homemade as well. See specific links below in the ingredient list. Your dehydrated seasonings give this salad dressing première taste and convenience.
I have included the recipe for Fuji Apple Chicken Salad as well. To make the salad authentic, you need glazed pecans, although you can use just plain pecans, but I think the extra step of making these little nut jewels is worth it (to die for!). Enjoy!
White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Makes 2 cups
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Whisk ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Allow to marinate in refrigerator while making salad.
Fuji Apple Chicken Salad (Panera Copycat)
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (10 oz.) bag mixed greens
quarter of a red onion, thinly sliced
2 cups dried apple chips
1 cup glazed pecans
1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1 cup freshly-diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175° Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and then mist it with cooking spray or oil.
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil, then season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. (Or add your favorite seasonings.) Place on prepared baking sheet, and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165°F/73°C degrees and the juices run clear. Remove and let chicken cool for at least 10 minutes, then thinly slice or shred.
- Toss the remaining salad ingredients together in a large bowl, and drizzle on your desired amount of vinaigrette. Toss and serve immediately.
Southern Glazed Pecans
These sweet pecans are wonderful snacks for any occasion and are certainly addictive!
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 pound pecan halves
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250°F/120° Heavily grease a baking sheet with butter.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 250°F/120°C for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
©2017 21st Century Simple Living www.21stcenturysimpleliving.com