Learn the Shortcuts to Making FAST Meals
As I sit here reading the newest list of manufacturer’s food recalls, the absolute certainty I was correct in staying with simple, unprocessed and locally sourced foods eases my mind. Do I succeed 100% of the time? No. But the more I see these recalls growing in number with each passing year, the more I know I am doing the right thing. We are “at the mercy” of the people who manufacture these products if we can’t do it for ourselves.
And a lot of it CAN be done by us. Taking back my choice to eat healthy foods again has been a win-win for me. One of the primary ways that I do this is with my Master Convenience Mixes (MCM’s). They allow me to do so much more with my meals than even I thought possible. Every year, my recipe box grows with MY OWN healthy alternatives to what has become the norm for my generation, commercially mass-produced convenience foods. But mine are better. They give me more than the commercial products ever could in so many ways:
- Time Saving: MCM’s allow me to make convenience foods in a matter of minutes—everything from breakfast foods to soups to desserts. Because the ingredients have already been pre-measured for the MCM, all YOU have to do is add your flavor variations and make it your own. Cooking from scratch becomes as quick as opening a box, jar, or packet when you use MCM’s. I also don’t have to spend hours in the grocery store shopping all those center aisles.
- Space Saving: From one MCM, you can make MANY of the products you already buy. Which would you rather have, one jar or 10 boxes of cake mix to store in your cupboard? Or try one jar of MCM to make all the creamed soup, sauces, and gravy packets you have piling up in your cupboards and drawers. How cool is that?
- Money Saving: Having MCM’s allows you to use common ingredients you already keep in your cupboards to make many varieties of the grocery store convenience foods that line over 75% of every grocery store! You save money because you are not paying for the fancy package or the hyped up ad campaigns designed to fool you into thinking these products are better.
- Health Saving: While the foods in the grocery stores may start out as natural ingredients, by the time preservatives and chemicals (for long-lasting shelf storage), added flavor enhancers (to combat that “warmed over” taste), and added vitamins and minerals (leached out during the rigorous processing manufacturers have to use) are all put together to give you that box of Hamburger Helper, it has become what I call “FrankenFood”, food so processed and re-engineered that it no longer is REAL food. Can this really be healthy for our families?
- Special Diet Savings: Instead of buying specialty convenience foods for your needs that can cost up to three times more IF you can even find them, turn to MCM’s. You can change these mixes to fit your special needs. No more Campbell’s Soups (high sodium), spices (added gluten for anti-caking) that make you ill, or Betty Crocker cake mixes (full of sugar). Now you make your convenience foods to suit YOUR needs at less cost.
- Taste! No more bland boxes of dismally flavored food. Enjoy your foods again. Use your own seasonings, herbs, and spice to flavor your meals. Delight in the taste of REAL food!
Take back your choices about the food you eat and make it convenient too!
The links below will have you making and replacing grocery store convenience with your own MCM’s almost instantly.
- Use ONE JAR of mix to make all your creamed soups, sauces, gravies, and even full meals! Start here with SOS Mix.
- Use another jar of mix to produce whatever flavor cake you would like. Find our Master Cake Mix here.
- Using one Master Mix, make all the cookie flavors your family loves! Try our Master Cookie Mix here.
- Make your own version of Bisquick without all the additives. Use it to make all those pancake, biscuit, crumb cake, and waffle recipes you have enjoyed for years. Start with the Master Baking Mix recipe here.
- Mix up your own jar of dry cornbread mix to make awesome flavor variations! You will find the Master Cornbread Mix here.
- Tired of paying high prices for those little oatmeal packets everybody in your family always grabs 2 of because 1 package isn’t enough? Save the big bucks, make your own, and flavor it with our 20 variations.
- Have you tried making homemade pudding but don’t have time to stand over the stove stirring? We have a solution for that! Instant Pudding with flavor variations. Just add milk and stir!
- Do you like hummus? With a shelf stable Master Mix, you can make many flavors in less time than it takes to go buy the container of hummus. Try our Instant Hummus Master Mix here.
- Do you enjoy flavored creamers for your coffee? Well we have solutions for that too! Make the Liquid Creamer MCM or the Powdered Creamer MCM and add your own flavors!
- And for all of our Gluten-Free folks, try our Gluten-Free Flour Blend for Baking.
Make the move to unprocessed foods.
You and your family will be glad you did.
©2016 21st Century Simple Living www.21stcenturysimpleliving.com