Makes 8 servings
Make your own liquid “Torani -style” flavoring for the popular—but seasonal—Spiced Pumpkin Lattes. Here is the opportunity to make it year-round from your own pumpkin powder, canned purée, or homemade purée!
2 tablespoons pumpkin powder
1/2 cup boiling water
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 to 1/2 cup vanilla extract (to taste)
- In a bowl, stir boiling water into pumpkin powder and allow to stand 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the pumpkin with the pumpkin pie spice and salt for 2 minutes or until it’s hot and smells cooked. Stir constantly.
- Add the sugar and stir until the mixture looks like bubbly thick syrup.
- Allow to cool, then whisk in vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 week and use as desired.
To Make Lattes
- Blend 1/3 cup pumpkin spice mix with milk until frothy, and add 1 or 2 shots of espresso.
- Top with whipped cream and/or cinnamon, if desired, and serve.
- Although this recipe takes a large amount of vanilla extract, it is what is used to match the flavor of name brands like Starbucks™.
- You can use 1/2 cup of pumpkin purée, either canned or homemade, instead of the pumpkin powder and boiling water.
©2016 21st Century Simple Living www.21stcenturysimpleliving.com