~Make your dehydrating easier with these handy tools!~
In addition to your dehydrator think about getting some of these tools to make dehydrating easier.
NOTE: The following information in this article contains affiliate links. 21st Century Simple Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This helps us pay for the upkeep of this site and is at no cost to you. Clicking on these links will NOT increase the price you pay for such items; it only allows us to earn a small commission to pay for the costs of keeping this website information free.
- Blenders: Makes puréeing for fruit and vegetable leathers a breeze. A high-powered blender, like a VitaMix, NutriBullet (I have the milling blade), or Ninja Blender will also help with making powders as well.
- Food Processor: This machine will help you with slicing and grating your foods before dehydration and gives a nice even chop for things like with just a few pulses of the machine.
- Kitchen Scissors: A good pair of scissors are sometimes easier to cut with than it is to slice food for dehydrating with a knife or mandoline.
- Mandoline Slicer: These little beauties are wonderful for achieving uniform cuts of many different sizes. Sharp surgical grade stainless steel blades allow you to slice different thicknesses, julienne, shred, cube, and create fantastic French fried shapes.
- I highly recommend getting Cut Resistant Gloves to protect your hands as the mandoline blade is very sharp and can injure your hands.
- Vidalia Chop Wizard: This non-electric machine allows you to chop and dice uniform cuts with one swift motion, pushing the lid down and cutting vegetables, fruit, and more in a fraction of the time it would take you to use a knife. I use this for onions, carrots, celery, green peppers, potatoes, and more.
- Vacuum Sealer: A vacuum sealing machine keeps food fresh by removing the air surrounding the food we wish to store and helps to preserve it. A machine that has attachments for Mason Jars can vacuum out the air and keep your dehydrated foods from degrading in storage. These machines are perfect for those who want to store their food in bags as well.
- Coffee/Spice Grinder: Because of the low flat blade, these machines are excellent for making powders from your dried fruits and vegetables.
- Egg Slicer: This one little handy gadget can uniformly slice all manner of foods for dehydration quickly and easily. To read about all the uses, check out our article, Use an Egg Slicer for Uniform Cuts.
To learn how to make your own fruit and vegetable powders check out our article here.
©2016 21st Century Simple Living www.21stcenturysimpleliving.com