Makes 1 9-inch pie (8 servings)
This Pumpkin Pie is made with your dehydrated pumpkin powder or canned pumpkin purée. We have provided a great recipe for pie crust or you may use pre-made. Sweetened Condensed Milk is the secret here, along with the eggs, to making a fast, easy, and flawless pumpkin pie your family will love!
1/2 cup pumpkin powder with 2 cups boiling water*
3 egg yolks
1 large egg
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk**
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon lemon powder or bottled lemon juice
1 9-inch unbaked pie crust***
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place pumpkin powder into a large bowl and pour 2 cups of boiling water over the pumpkin powder. Stir well and let the pumpkin powder set, covered, for 20 minutes until cooled. This is a great time to prepare your pie crust if making yourself.
- Once the pumpkin purée has cooled and rehydrated, whisk together with egg yolks, and egg in a large bowl until smooth. The egg yolks prevent cracking of the tops and give it a more custard-like pie.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and lemon powder; whisk until thoroughly combined. The salt and lemon give this a bright flavor instead of a flat taste.
- Fit pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate and crimp edges.
- Pour filling into the pie shell and lightly tap on the work surface to release any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F (175°C) and bake until just set in the middle, 30 to 40 more minutes. A paring knife inserted into the filling, 1 inch from the crust, should come out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream or ice cream and a bit of cinnamon sugar before serving.
*1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin purée or 2 cups of homemade purée can be used in place of the pumpkin powder and boiling water.
**Use any brand of Sweetened Condensed Milk you prefer, even Coconut Milk! Or you may make your own:
***EASY Pie Crust Recipe link
Tip: Aluminum foil can be used around the edges to keep pie crust moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
©2016 21st Century Simple Living www.21stcenturysimpleliving.com