I have been asked all day about the different things you can make with the Master Baking Mix. It is really very versatile, as you will see from the recipes below. Waffles, pizza, chicken and dumplings, & peach cobbler are all served up for your pleasure today.
We have already given you Fluffy Golden Pancakes, Rolled Biscuits, and Streusel Coffee Cake. Today I am going to share 4 more recipes with you. Please check the “Notes” sections for gluten-free, lactose-free, make-ahead, and other options.
Classic Belgian Waffles
Makes 12 Servings
2 cups Master Baking Mix
1-1/3 cups milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, melted butter, or coconut oil
- Heat waffle iron; grease with vegetable oil or butter.
- Stir ingredients just until blended. Pour onto center of hot waffle iron. Close lid of waffle iron.
- Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Carefully remove waffle.
The bake time and yield will vary depending on the type/size of waffle iron you use.
Lactose-Free: Use 1-1/3 cups club soda to replace the milk.
Variations: You can add 1/2 cup chopped nuts or fruit to suit your own taste.
Make-Ahead: Wrap cooled waffles in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and freeze up to 1 month. Unwrap waffles and reheat them in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes or pop them in the toaster until crisp.
Homemade Pizza Your Way
Makes 6 Servings
1-1/3 cups Master Baking Mix
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried oregano
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon minced garlic mixed into 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
1 can (8 ounce) pizza sauce
1-2 cups (total) bite-size pieces of your favorite meat and/or vegetables
1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian cheese blend (6 oz)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Grease 12-inch pizza pan. Stir Master Baking Mix, Italian seasoning (or oregano), water, oil and eggs until well combined; spread in pan.
- If using garlic butter, rub this over the dough with your hands making sure to work it out to the edges of the dough.
- Bake 15 minutes (crust will appear cracked).
- Spread pizza sauce over crust; top with meat and/or vegetables and cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 to15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Homemade Pizza Sauce: To make pizza sauce with dehydrated tomato powder, see recipe here.
Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken
& Herb Dumplings
Makes 8 Servings
2-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken (about 10 thighs or 4 breast halves)
4 cups chicken stock
4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (2 cups)
3 stalks celery, cut into 1/4-inch slices (1 cup)
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves)
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup milk
2 cups Master Baking Mix
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- Spray or grease 5-quart slow cooker with oil or butter. In slow cooker, mix chicken, stock, carrots, celery, onion, thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 to 4 hours or on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
- Uncover; using 2 forks, shred chicken into large chunks. If using Low heat setting, increase to High.
- In small bowl, beat cornstarch and milk with whisk until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to slow cooker; stir to combine. Cover and continue to cook on High heat setting 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly thickened. Don’t worry if the chicken stew looks thin before you top with the dumplings. It thickens as the dumplings cook.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together Master Baking Mix, milk and parsley until soft dough forms.
- Drop dumpling batter by heaping tablespoons onto simmering chicken mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted into dumplings comes out clean.
To use dehydrated vegetables,
Increase: chicken stock to 6 cups
Replace: Carrots with 1 cup dried carrot slices, Celery with 1/2 cup dried celery cuts, and Onion with 1/4 cup dried, chopped onion
Southern Peach Cobbler
Makes 6 Servings
Whether you use canned, fresh, dried, or frozen peaches, you will love this delicious dessert dish.
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cream cheese,
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups Master Baking Mix
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice or 1/4 teaspoon lemon powder reconstituted in ½ teaspoon water
2 (16-oz) cans sliced peaches, drained
(or 4 cups fresh peaches, sliced or 2 cups dried peaches, reconstituted in 2cups water)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Blend together milk and cream cheese until smooth and creamy with no lumps. Add vanilla extract and stir well.
- In ungreased (8x8x2 inches) square baking dish, stir together Master Baking Mix, milk mixture, and nutmeg. Stir in melted butter just until blended.
- Stir together sugar, lemon juice, and peaches; spoon over batter. Top with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Serve warm with ice cream, a drizzle of caramel topping, and a sprinkling of toasted pecans.
Double the Recipe: Make as directed, except double all the ingredients and use a rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
Lactose-Free: Use 1 cup vanilla almond milk.
Variations: Use other sliced/diced fruits, either canned, fresh, or dried in the same proportions as above.
Printable Recipes can be found here, More Recipes Using the Master Baking Mix.
©2016 21st Century Simple Living www.21stcenturysimpleliving.com